The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Californian contracted carnivorous bacteria after using flatmate's razor

The California resident reimagined the concept of "razor rash" after using the tool of his housemate: his face was wounded by carnivorous bacteria. This story became partially known back in April in a series of viral videos on TikTok, but before the man did not go into details. How did it all happen, the publication found out New York Post.

Photo: Shutterstock

“I had deep pustules and ulcers on my chin and along the jawline,” said 24-year-old Nick Holterman of the infection, which began harmlessly after using his housemate's razor to remove the stubble on his chin and cheeks. ...

A few days later, the Los Angeles native began to suffer from "a very serious upper respiratory infection," and his chin was covered with bumps resembling "spider bites."

Holterman immediately rushed to his GP, who prescribed him a course of antibiotics. Unfortunately, the medications did not work, and the condition of the face began to deteriorate, the wounds did not heal for several weeks.

When his ulcers "increased in size", he went to the doctor a second time, who tested him for everything from COVID-19 to streptococcal sore throat. The results were negative, after which the doctor diagnosed him with impetigo, a highly contagious skin infection that was "caused by either antibiotic-resistant staphylococcus or antibiotic-resistant streptococcus," Holterman explained.

On the subject: What you need to know about carnivorous bacteria and how to protect yourself from them

According to the Mayo Clinic, impetigo is generally not dangerous, but can cause kidney damage and even potentially life-threatening orbital cellulite. Orbital cellulitis is an infection that causes inflammation of the tissues in the eye behind the orbital septum. It can affect the eyelids, cheeks, and eyebrows.

Holterman was subsequently prescribed a combination of two antibiotics. This helped cure the infection, although it made him severely nauseous.

“I felt like I was constantly nauseous for a week because my body's natural bacteria and intestinal flora are being destroyed by different antibiotics,” Holterman said. "I had to eat a lot of yogurt to restore my microflora."

Although his face was covered with wounds, he doesn't blame his roommate.

“I really can't remember if the razor was actually dirty or clean. It's just that my roommate's skin flora is different from mine, ”said Halterman.

In April, he even posted a social advertisement on TikTok warning others not to make the same mistake.

You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York

“I just want to remind you: you cannot share razors with each other or use these tools that belong to random people. You can become infected with antibiotic-resistant carnivorous bacteria, which are extremely painful and cause ulcers all the time, ”Holterman warned in a video that has already garnered nearly 10 million views on TikTok.

The man now wears a bandage on his chin and warns that “antibiotics cause constipation for two weeks. And if they do not work, then you will die. "

Halterman uploaded his cautionary tale in response to another TikTok user who showed how she gave her best friend a boyfriend's razor.

This is not the first time that a seemingly harmless decision has led to a dire condition.

In 2019, a German shockingly died from complications of a bacterial infection, contracting it from his dog's saliva.

Read also on ForumDaily:

Top most venomous snakes that can be found in parks and forests in the United States

Causes paralysis and even death: poisonous algae infect US seafood

What you need to know about carnivorous bacteria and how to protect yourself from them

10 doctors, 65 days in the hospital and skinned skin: how the American overcame carnivorous bacteria

California bacteria Incidents
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 



 
1081 requests in 2,176 seconds.