How to learn English an hour a day
Learning at least one foreign language is a real headache for many. It would be very desirable, but there is absolutely no time. Lifehucker presents several effective tips that will allow you to learn a language at a basic level without much time. For example, English.
1. Write dictations
On the Internet in free access is full of a variety of dictations. On these sites you will find dictations for different levels of training.
- Dictationsonline - The texts are read by native speakers, there are two levels of difficulty.
- Rong-chang - dictations are not divided into difficulty levels, but it is better to start from the first and move on. Each dictation consists of 10 sentences. There are tips.
- Breaking News English - A great option for those whose level of training is not lower Intermediate and. At the heart of dictations - the texts of real news. They are read in a “live” language, which makes the lesson more interesting.
If you do not want to dictate such texts, no problem. Just listen to the songs in English, trying to record the words from dictation.
On such a dictation, it will take you 10 minutes from the force. It can be written during the lunch break.
2. Write essays
Excellent opportunity to tighten the language. Write a short essay on any topic that concerns you. Start by describing your hobbies, family, friends, favorite movies or stories from childhood. While writing, use a dictionary or online translators to remember forgotten or learn new words. Each time your vocabulary will grow.
Writing a small essay in 7 – 10 sentences takes you about 20 minutes.
3. Listen to audiobooks
Ideal for those who spend a lot of time in transport or on foot to work. You simply insert headphones into your ears and kill two birds with one stone: it’s not boring and useful. Start with simple children's books that you know from childhood. You will be surprised to hear them in English. This will help to memorize new words and better perceive fluent English by ear.
- Storynory - A selection of children's fairy tales for those who are just starting to learn English. Clear pronunciation of the text and calm pace of the story.
- Loyal books - A huge collection of books in English, broken down by genre.
- Scribl - there are paid and free books, you can listen to them online, or you can download them, but for this you need to register.
One small tale is 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Learn irregular verbs
Print a table with irregular verbs (which do not obey the rules of the English language) and divide them into groups of 5 words. Every day, grab the new top five. There is a free minute - just read them out loud. And so several times a day, as medicines: in the morning, at lunch and in the evening before meals. ????
5. Use mobile apps
Where do without them? Fortunately, there are a lot of useful programs that will help you learn new words, grammar rules, improve your pronunciation and generally strengthen your knowledge base.
10 minutes a day, while relaxing on the couch after a working day - and the result will not take long.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5954 [name] => English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => anglijskij-yazyk)English
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 16944 [name] => English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => anglijskij)English
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.