How to choose the method of learning English that is right for you
Visuals, audials, and kinesthetics absorb information in different ways. How to determine your type of perception and use it in learning English - says the publication Lifehacker.
1. English for visuals
You are visual if:
- Meet and escort clothing. Never allow yourself crumpled clothes and dirty shoes or forgive the scruffy appearance of others.
- At the restaurant you order the most beautiful dish. Taste and price are the tenth thing, the main thing is to take a picture and put it on Instagram.
- Treasure your personal space and pay attention to the interior.
- Prefer to look into the interlocutor's eyes.
- Often unconsciously say: “Look ...”, “It will be seen there ...”
- Love to dream and tell stories well. True, rarely and only close.
In visuals, the main sensory organ is the eyes. The brighter and more visual the picture, the easier it is for them to remember the information. They adore tables and graphs. Long sheets of text make the visuals sad - everything should be structured and preferably colorful.
For learning English, a card system is suitable for them.
2. English for audiences
You are an audio if:
- Often you hum something under your breath. Do not spend a day without music.
- For you, intonation is more eloquent than words: it’s important not what they say, but how.
- You are wildly enraged by quiet interlocutors and poor telephone service. Always speak loudly and clearly yourself.
- Send voice messages even when you can write.
- Phrases often appear in your speech: “Listen ...”, “It sounds tempting ...”
- Love interesting stories, but don't like to read them. Well, football without a commentator is not football for you at all.
- Friends and colleagues often turn to you for advice. And you are willing to express your opinion.
Audiences do not just listen - they hear. And then they immediately retell, supplementing the information received with bright epithets. Learning English is easiest for them through podcasts and songs.
On the subject: 7 traps in English, from which no one is safe
In order to remember something well, the audience needs to say it out loud. Many schools or even libraries have conversational clubs for English learners. If you have no time to communicate, or while you are shy of your pronunciation, open the lyrics and sing in English. If you meet an unfamiliar phrase - add it to your personal dictionary.
3. English for kinesthetics
You are a kinesthetic if:
- Always rely on experience. You do not accept anything on faith and learn only from your mistakes.
- Indifferent to styles and colors. Clothing should be just comfortable.
- Do not buy a chair for anything on the Internet: first you need to sit and touch.
- Adore hugs! Relationships at a distance are not about you.
- Prefer outdoor team games. Between "Mafia" and "Twister" just choose the latter.
- Well versed in coffee, wine, cheeses or everything at once. The heightened sense of smell and taste constantly push you to gastronomic experiments.
- Your vocabulary has a lot of expressions like "I have goosebumps," "I feel it."
Kinesthetics interact with the world through sensations and emotions. Thanks to the developed motor and mechanical memory, it is easier for them to work out vocabulary through exercises with writing words, and grammar through interactive tasks.
What to do if you don’t know your type of perception
Some people have no way of understanding who they are: visuals, audials, or kinesthetics. This is normal. So, vision, hearing and touch are developed approximately the same, and you can mix different methods as you like.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5954 [name] => English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => anglijskij-yazyk)English
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 18506 [name] => learn English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => izuchenie-anglijskogo-yazyka)learning English language
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.