What services need to be notified about the change of address when moving
In the case of a change of residence, the person must report this in order to receive further mail or state benefits, for example.
Change your address in the US Postal Service:
- do it online by clicking on the link USPS.com/move. This is the most convenient and fastest way. You will immediately receive a confirmation email.
- go to the local Postal office and ask for the movers guide.
Change your address through other government agencies:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Contact the IRS to change your address if you are expecting a tax refund or other mail. You can also change your address with the IRS by writing your new address in the appropriate fields in your tax return when you submit.
- Social Security Administration (SSA). Change the address on the Internet according to your account Social Securityif you get a social security, disability, or Medicare charge. If you are not receiving Social Security or Medicare benefits, contact SSA.
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Contact VA if you are a veteran and receive benefits or just want to update your details.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Contact USCIS to register a new address if you are not a US citizen.
- State Automotive Agencies. Contact your state's car dealership to change your address for a vehicle license or registration.
- State Election Bureaus. Contact the State Election Office to change your address in your electoral registration record.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13667 [name] => mail [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pochta)mail
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 14957 [name] => moving [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pereezd)relocation
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 15035 [name] => address [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => adres)address
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.