How to find a good job in the USA: the best websites and apps for immigrants
One of the hardest parts of an immigrant to master a new life in the United States can be work. The United States, as the world's leading economy, has a vast labor market, but it can be challenging to navigate. Boundless.
If you are an immigrant looking for a job, how do you find one or move up the career ladder? What services or assistance are available to you? Here are the 4 best websites and apps for finding a job in the United States as a new immigrant.
1. Upwardly Global
Immigrants bring a wide range of skills, experience, qualifications, and knowledge to the US labor market. However, they may face barriers to employment due to local, federal, or professional regulations related to their field of work. This could mean that American employers do not recognize the educational qualifications or training of immigrants, and they may end up in employment below their skill level.
Mission Upwardly global - change it. The organization seeks to remove barriers to employment for skilled immigrants and refugees and integrate them into the US professional workforce. Through training, communication, resources, and job search, Upwardly Global helps newcomers to the United States reintegrate into their chosen professional field.
- Upwardly Global has a very detailed and well-structured Professional Licensing Guide, which provides an invaluable resource for newcomers to the US to understand the steps required to obtain a professional license or certifications in their field.
- The resource has partnerships with employers. He has the potential to find you a company, and also provides coaching and assistance to get you through the initial steps of applying for a resume and interview.
- The website is full of useful features, including resources on employment rules during COVID-19, such as sick leave.
- Upwardly Global is only available in 16 US states: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, Washington State, Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Texas, Ohio, Minnesota, Tennessee, or Wisconsin.
- You must be in the United States with a green card or approved visa and no more than 5 years.
- You cannot search for available vacancies like in a search engine. Instead, you submit an application and then the Upwardly Global team will contact you, so be prepared to fill out a few forms.
Sometimes you know what you need: career counseling, relocation services, English lessons, or legal assistance. But where should you go and who should you ask? Have USAHello there is an answer to these questions.
USAHello is a non-profit organization that uses the Internet to help immigrants, asylum seekers, refugees, and the communities that welcome them. This is the information center for everything you may need when you start your new life in the United States. USAHello has resources for all your needs, from teaching kids and adults to finding a job and understanding the legal system.
One of their best deals is FindHello, an interactive map that you can use on your phone. It connects you to the resources available in your area. The system is detailed, well thought out and offers several different categories to choose from.
- This app! FindHello is available on your phone and can be used anytime, anywhere.
- The application is detailed and specific. You can search by location and zip code, as well as the resource you want to access.
- The map is colorful, convenient and understandable. The information provided contains addresses and phone numbers, as well as an option that allows you to visualize where a particular place is in relation to you.
- Currently only available in four languages (English, French, Arabic and Spanish).
- The app provides links to resource websites on the map, but some links do not work and might need an update.
3. Immigrant Welcome Center
Mission Immigrant Welcome Center is to empower immigrants by connecting them with people, places and resources that enable them to lead successful lives and enrich their community.
It is a non-profit organization based primarily in Indianapolis, but with few jobs in other regions.
Its long list of resources is highly detailed, although it is also adapted for the Indianapolis area and includes up-to-date information on COVID-19 guidelines.
- The Individual Job Search feature allows you to search for jobs or opportunities in your area.
- The website has been adapted for a specific geographic area. This can be a disadvantage, but it offers invaluable local resources for new immigrants to Indianapolis.
- Available in six languages: Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Swahili.
- Outside Indiana, it is of limited use.
- Lack of interactivity built into the proposed features.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
Company Twinist, based in Minnesota, offers productive collaboration between employers in Minnesota and newcomers to the United States. Founder Abdu Rahman Mahmoud was inspired by his own experience as a Somali immigrant looking for a job in the United States.
Twinist provides job listings through a job search function, a volunteer center, and personal branding consulting services for new immigrants.
- In addition to searching for vacancies, you can post your resume! This means employers can find you.
- Twinist says employers may be able to view a job seeker's resume and invite potential candidates to apply for a job they've posted on Twinist.
- Uses Google Translate for over 40 languages.
- Specific to the Minnesota region, which again means a wealth of information pertaining to life in the area.
- There are only a few job listings available. It could also be related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has cut job vacancies altogether.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10131 [name] => work in the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rabota-v-ssha)work in the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27048 [name] => Work [taxonomy] => category [slug] => rabota)Work
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28864 [name] => work for immigrants [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rabota-dlya-immigrantov)work for immigrants
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.