How to fix a bug in a form filed with USCIS - ForumDaily
The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

How to fix a bug in a form filed in USCIS

Фото: Depositphotos

If you are applying for US citizenship or renewal of a green card with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), then you need to fill out the appropriate form and carefully check for any errors. A mistake may result in USCIS rejecting your application.

United States Citizenship described what needs to be done if you still made a mistake in the application and sent it to USCIS.

To correct an error in a form that you have already submitted for review, you will have to wait until you receive confirmation that USCIS received your application. This notice will indicate the unique number of your case that USCIS staff will be able to find.

Then you can call the National Customer Service Center and report that you made a mistake when filling out the form. You can also ask them to fix it. If the error is minor, then the agents will be able to correct it themselves. Sometimes it takes some time to fix, in which case you will be given a special number. You will call this number the next time you call the center to clarify whether the error has been fixed.

If the error is significant, then you need to send a letter to USCIS indicating the unique number of your form and explain the occurrence of the error. You can also fill out, sign and submit a new form along with the necessary supporting documents.

USCIS can accept the correction and begin processing your case if your letter reaches the agency on time. But if the agency has already begun work on your case with an error, then your new letter will not be considered. In this case, USCIS may send you a confirmation request. In response to this request, you can send the necessary additional documents and necessary corrections. In this case, you do not have to pay a fee.

If you make a serious mistake and your case is rejected, you will have to start the application process again and pay the required fee.


Read also on ForumDaily:

How to save money by applying to colleges

Personal experience: come to the US for a tour and ask for asylum

All about medical insurance in the state of New York: Fidelis Care experts answered our readers' questions

The ten most common mistakes when applying for a green card

Miscellanea documents Educational program USCIS
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? — support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Select the “Priority in display” option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram  and Instagram- there is a lot of interesting things there. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily New York — there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information about life in the metropolis. 

1094 requests in 1,270 seconds.