Raped and thrown from the balcony: a tourist from New York almost died in the Dominican Republic
A woman from New York said that during a vacation in the Dominican Republic last month, she was allegedly drugged, raped and thrown from a second-floor balcony.
A resident of Staten Island, whose name was not disclosed, said that as a result of the attack she sustained a spinal injury, cuts on her hands and an internal injury from rape, writes Fox News.
She suggested that, most likely, she was drugged into the drink while she was talking to a couple at the pool bar at the Ocean Blue and Sand Hotel in Punta Cana, where she was relaxing. The resort has not yet commented on the alleged incident.
According to her, the man, with whom they drank a few drinks, took her to a room against her will and raped her and then threw her from the balcony.
On the subject: 12 most dangerous countries for American tourists
“When people go on vacation, they forget about caution. They are trying to relax, but you should always be on your guard. This can happen at any time. What happened to me did not happen at night, it happened in broad daylight, ”the American noted.
Two people were arrested in connection with the incident and accused of sexual assault, attempted murder, rape and robbery. At the moment, they are awaiting trial and released on bail of 1000 dollars each.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- This is not the first time that Americans in the Dominican Republic become victims of crime or become infected with an unknown disease. Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found dead in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- A woman from New York claims that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she’s was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where several tourists died.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. The incident occurred on the night of June 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon, the teenagers felt bad, they could not establish the diagnosis.
- 18 June became aware of the death in the Dominican Republic of 55-year-old Joseph Allen from New Jersey. Him body 13 Jun found on the floor of the hotel room.
- 20 June became aware that 59-year-old Susan Simono passed away on June 19 in New Orleans after she was urgently hospitalized due to fluid in her lungs. Her death came in a week after she returned from her honeymoon in Punta Cana.
- 21 June family two dead in the Dominican Republic American tourists turned to Fox News after hearing news of two other victims of the dreaded resort. It turned out that 17 was a 2016-year-old resident of Pennsylvania, 69 of September of the year 18, and 2018 of april of 41, XNUMX-year-old man from Kansas.
- 24 Jun State Department confirmed the death of another American tourist in the Dominican Republic. They became 56-year-old Vittorio Caruso from Glen Cove, Long Island.
- 26 Jun in the hospital in the island resort died Khalid Adkins from Denver. He rested there with his daughter, but he was not allowed on a plane to the United States because of a too painful look. As a result, he died in the hospital a few days later.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5407 [name] => Dominican Republic [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => dominikanskaya-respublika)The Dominican Republic
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12525 [name] => tourist [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => turist)tourist
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.