IRS begins paying federal aid for coronavirus: what you need to know
According to the Internal Revenue Service, the first batch of payments promised to American taxpayers against the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic was sent in direct deposits on Saturday, April 11, writes CBS News.
“We know that many people are eager to receive their payments; we will continue to pay them as quickly as we can, ”the agency said on Saturday evening.
Direct deposits will continue to be paid to taxpayers over the next few days, starting with those who filed tax returns for 2018 and 2019. This includes beneficiaries of the social security system who filed federal tax returns that included direct deposit information.
Persons with disabilities, low-income workers, and some veterans who are usually not required to file a tax return are also eligible for payments due to the economic consequences of coronavirus. US Treasury and Internal Revenue Service Launch web tool, allowing such persons to enter their billing information in order to quickly receive assistance from the government.
Who should use this portal to communicate their billing information to the government
These are US citizens or permanent residents who:
- had a gross income not exceeding $ 12 ($ 200 for couples) for 24 (such income exempts from filing a tax return, therefore the government does not have payment information for such people, although they are entitled to receive financial assistance);
- for some reason, they should not have filed a federal tax return for 2019 and did not plan to do so.
If you are in this group, you can quickly and easily provide the IRS with the necessary information through a special form link. After providing this information, you do not need to take any additional steps to receive financial assistance from the government.
Information you will need to provide:
- full name, current mailing address and email address;
- date of birth and valid social security number;
- bank account number, type and route number, if you have one;
- Personal Identity Protection Identification Number (IP-PIN), which you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one;
- a driver’s license or state issued identifier, if you have one;
- for each eligible child: name, social security number or taxpayer identification number and documents confirming the child’s relationship with you or your spouse.
The form to be completed is located at this link. When a button is pressed Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here on this site you will go to Free File Fillable Forms, a certified IRS partner. This site is safe. After entering the necessary data, you will receive an email from Customer Support, which will either confirm that you sent your information successfully, or will say that a problem has occurred and advice will be provided on how to solve it.
Most Americans do not need to fill out a form on this portal.
Most eligible US taxpayers will automatically receive payments due to the economic consequences of the coronavirus epidemic. Among them:
- individuals who filed a federal tax return for 2018 or 2019;
- Persons who receive social security pensions, disability benefits (SSDI) or survivor benefits;
- persons who receive the pension benefits of railway workers.
Money sent by the government can be traced
The Internal Revenue Service also announced that it will launch a tracking tool called Get My Payment by April 17 to give Americans an idea of when to expect money from the government to be credited to their account or check by mail.
The remittances are a key part of the $ 2,2 trillion government aid package passed in March in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Under the Economic Assistance Package, individual taxpayers will receive $ 1 if their Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is less than $ 200 per year. Those who earn more than $ 75 will receive less - depending on the total AGI.
Married couples will receive $ 2 if they earn less than $ 400 of adjusted gross income. Taxpayers will also receive $ 150 for each of their children, regardless of how high their income is.
Individuals who earn more than $ 99 are completely excluded from the payout plan. Married couples who earn more than $ 000 (and do not have children as dependents) are also not eligible for payments.
Under the bill, workers in the United States without a green card are not eligible to receive federal assistance in connection with the coronavirus.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Coronavirus Federal Payments will not be taxed.
- However, if the government does not have your direct bank account number, then some will have to wait for mailed checks by September.
- According to the adopted package of financial assistance, there are categories of people who, despite the corresponding income level, will not receive assistance. Their list is - here.
- The topic of government support is actively used by scammers. The schemes they use and the ways to protect themselves from them - link.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1085 [name] => help [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pomoshh)help
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6851 [name] => site [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => sajt)broker
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.