Interpol has put two Russians on the wanted list because of the explosion in the port of Beirut: 190 people died then
Interpol has put two Russians on the wanted list in connection with the investigation of the explosion of saltpeter in the port of Beirut (the capital of Lebanon), which occurred in August 2020. Writes about it Meduza.
The captain of the vessel Boris Prokoshev and the owner of the vessel Igor Grechushkin were on the wanted list. In addition to them, the Portuguese Jorge Moreira, who bought this saltpeter at a factory in Georgia, was on the wanted list.
The announcement of these persons on the wanted list was made at the request of the Prosecutor General's Office of Lebanon.
On the subject: Not only Beirut: 11 terrible human-induced disasters
A so-called red notice has been issued for the Russians and the Portuguese. It has less priority than an international arrest warrant. Interpol member countries do not need to search for them, but if the authorities suddenly become aware of their location, they are obliged to report.
Upon learning of the wanted list, Prokoshev said that he was "shocked" by the wanted list. “In the end, for that matter, we were not transporting the cargo to Lebanon, but to Mozambique. And this is not my fault, they themselves detained the ship in Beirut, did not release it from the port, ”the captain said.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- 4 August in the capital of Lebanon in the port explosion thundered - one of the strongest in modern history, which happened among residential buildings.
- The ammonium nitrate that exploded at the port in Beirut was confiscated from the Rhosus ship back in September 2014. AND the owner of this vessel was a Russian businessman Igor Grechushkin from Khabarovsk.
- As of August 6, as a result of a large-scale explosion in the port of Beirut, at least 157 people were killed and about 5 were injured.
- 20 videos of the tragedy, filmed by local residents, see our material.
- A Beirut couple whose apartment is located approximately 2000 feet (600 m) from the site of the powerful blast, underwent a total of nine hours of surgery after being injured.
- What is ammonium nitrate, how often does it explode and why the explosion had a mushroom shape read in our material.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 2152 [name] => Beirut [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => bejrut)Beirut
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10775 [name] => wanted [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rozysk)search
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.