Impeachment trump: in the United States released new evidence against the president
The U.S. House’s Intelligence Committee released a new batch of testimony in the Donald Trump impeachment case received from an American businessman of Ukrainian origin, associated with the lawyer of US leader Rudi Giuliani, Lev Parnassus, writes “Columnist".
The committee’s official website indicates that relevant documents have already been submitted to the US Senate, where Trump’s impeachment will be considered in the near future. “The evidence presented today includes telephone records, as well as new documents and materials provided to the Intelligence Committee by Lev Parnassus, an employee of Rudi Giuliani, in accordance with the agenda handed to him on October 10, 2019,” they said.
As the Gromadske, the documents set forth new facts of pressure on ex-US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and attempts by Trump's personal lawyer Rudi Giuliani to meet with the President of Ukraine.
In particular, Parnassus provided notes made on sheets that are issued at the Ritz-Carlton in Vienna, where there are such words: “make Zelensky say that Biden’s case will be investigated,” “establish communication with Zelensky.”
Also published is a copy of the letter that Giuliani sent Zelensky on May 10, 2019. In it, Trump’s personal lawyer “as a private person” asked the President of Ukraine to meet on May 13-14. Allegedly, Victoria Toynsing, an American lawyer who worked for Trump’s team during the investigation of special prosecutor Mueller, was supposed to be present.
Among the recipients of the letter are also indicated the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov and presidential aide Sergei Shefir.
Text messages between Parnassus and Robert Hyde, a Republican candidate for Congress, were also made public.
You can find out in them that the latter organized round-the-clock monitoring (possibly wiretapping) of the former US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, when she was still in Kiev.
In these messages he repeatedly called her obscene words.
Lutsenko - “a real hero”
At the same time, it becomes obvious that Parnassus also maintained communication with many participants in the story about the impeachment of Trump: the head of the SBU, Ivan Bakanov; ex-Prosecutors General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin and Yuriy Lutsenko, Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Arseniy Avakov, Zelensky’s personal assistant, Yermakom.
With them, he also tried to arrange a meeting between Trump's personal lawyer and Zelensky.
Among other things, Lutsenko in his messages complained about the then US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Jovanovic. In turn, Parnassus assured Lutsenko that in the US he was considered "the real hero of Ukraine."
What was the reaction
Parnassus lawyer Joseph Bondi has already confirmed on his Twitter that his client is ready to testify in the case of the impeachment of Trump.
Trump against this background called the hearings held in 2019 as part of the impeachment procedure in the House of Representatives the most biased in history.
“Tearful Chuck Schumer (Democratic Leader in the Senate. - Ed.) stated that the Americans want an honest Senate process. But why then the nervous Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the House of Representatives. - Ed.) and the corrupt quirky Adam Schiff (head of the special intelligence committee. - Ed.) failed to ensure an honest process in the House of Representatives? These were the most biased and dishonest hearings in Congress history! ”Trump wrote.
The White House suggested that former partner Rudi Giuliani is trying to make a deal with the investigation and reduce the possible term of his conclusion, writes “Voice of America".
“This is the current fake. He [Parnas] is probably trying to make a deal for himself [with the investigation], ”the president said, speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday afternoon.
In Ukraine, opened a hearing case
Meanwhile, the National Police opened a case on a possible wiretapping of the former US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Jovanovic, writes Air force.
We are talking about a possible violation of the secrecy of telephone conversations and the illegal collection of confidential information about the American diplomat, the Interior Ministry said.
They took note of materials published by investigators of the House of Representatives of the US Congress on the possible surveillance of the former US ambassador.
The position of Ukraine is “not to interfere in the internal political affairs of the United States of America,” the Interior Ministry emphasized.
However, they say there, the published records contain the fact of a possible violation of the legislation of Ukraine and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which protects the rights of a diplomat in the territory of another state.
“Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal actions on its territory,” the Interior Ministry said.
Home Secretary Arsen Avakov invited the United States to take part in the investigation into the listening of the ambassador.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Congressmen became interested in a telephone conversation between Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky and US President Donald Trump in late July as part of an investigation into whether Trump and his lawyer Rudolf Giuliani tried put pressure on Ukraine in order to help Trump's election campaign in 2020 year.
- Democrats announce formal request for US impeachment, which was triggered by a conversation between Ukrainian and American leaders.
- US Department of State published conversation transcript President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky and President of the United States Donald Trump.
- 9 October in the White House officially announced refusal to cooperate with the investigation on the possibility of declaring impeachment to US President Donald Trump, which is held by Democrats in the House of Representatives. The presidential administration considers these accusations to be "baseless" and "unconstitutional."
- 31 October US House of Representatives approved the resolutionaccording to which the investigation into the possibility of impeachment to US President Donald Trump goes to the public stage.
- 13 November US House of Representatives launched an open hearing as part of an investigation into impeachment regarding President Donald trump: 10 television channels broadcast the meeting, 13,8 million Americans watched this broadcast.
- Spotlight on second hearing there were testimonies Marie Jovanovic, former US ambassador to Ukraine. Jovanovic was sent resigned as head of the US diplomatic mission in Kiev in May. Democrats claim that Jovanovic became a victim campaign organized by Rudi Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer.
- 19 November at the House Intelligence Committee have spoken Jennifer Williams, Alexander Windman, Kurt Walker and Tim Morrison.
- 3 December impeachment report accusing President Donald Trump of abuse of power promulgated U.S. House Intelligence Committee.
- 7 December impeachment report опубликовал House Judicial Committee responsible for formulating specific charges.
- Xnumx december democrats unveiled two articles on impeachment are abuse of power and obstruction to Congress.
- Over the centuries-old history of the country, not a single US president has been removed from office by impeachment. Although the real threat of impeachment still forced one president to voluntarily resign. And this case concerned the confrontation between electoral candidates in the USA. Another president, whom they tried to impeach, bought Alaska from Russia. Read about the American impeachment story in our material.
- On December 16, the Legal Committee of the House of Representatives of the US Congress released a report in which recommended the U.S. House of Representatives to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump, and the Senate to remove him from office.
- On the eve of the House of Representatives vote on the resolution on the impeachment of the US president, which was scheduled for December 18, Donald Trump sent a sharp letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- 18 December U.S. House of Representatives impeaches President Donald Trump on the basis of allegations that he abused the post for his own political gain, and also prevented attempts to investigate his actions
- Trump has become third president in US historyimpeached.
- Democrats refuse to transfer to the Senate already approved articles of charges against the head of the White Houseand without this, senators cannot start a hearing to remove the US president from power.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10951 [name] => impeachment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => impichment)impeachment
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22071 [name] => incriminating evidence [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => kompromat)compromising evidence
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22201 [name] => Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => trampa)Trump
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27271 [name] => Zelensky [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zelenskij)Zelensky
Read also on ForumDaily:
We ask you for support: make your contribution to the development of the ForumDaily project
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription, so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can continuously provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.