Israeli drug from COVID-19 showed high efficiency: now it is tested in the United States
In the United States, they started testing an Israeli drug for the first time, which is reported to be 19% effective in the treatment of even seriously ill patients with COVID-XNUMX. Writes about this "Observer".
Seven Israeli patients at high risk of death due to respiratory as well as heart and kidney failure survived after taking this medicine.
The company Pluristem Therapeutics, which was engaged in the development of the drug, said that the active substance of the drug can suppress the excessive reaction of the infected immune system to the virus. Many patients with COVID-19 die due to too violent reactions to the infection of their own immune system. It blocks virus-infected alveoli in the lungs, which causes their hardening and inability to perform respiratory function.
The company uses the placenta to grow smart cells and programs them to secrete therapeutic proteins in the body of patients.
Yaki Yanai, CEO and president of the company, said that a study would soon take place that could allow the active use of the drug.
“With the green light from the regulators, it will be possible to prepare a vast array of medications. We can make cells very quickly to treat thousands of people, ”he said.
The treatment, he says, consists of 15-milliliter doses of cells known as dilated placental cells, which are injected through simple intramuscular injections. Once in the body, the cells become, as it were, "a small factory producing therapeutic proteins."
Yaki Yanai clarified: “Patients who are in serious condition and die are actually dying from severe respiratory illness. What is actually happening is a very high level of inflammation and at some point the patient's immune system will attack, mainly in the lungs. ”
Until now, Pluristem technology has been mainly used to treat people suffering from poor blood flow in the legs, but the company's scientists were able to quickly redesign cells for treating patients with coronavirus.
“We take cells from the placenta after a full-term delivery. We managed to develop a technology for expanding cells to a very large number in an environment that mimics the human body. This technology allows more than 20 thousand people to be treated with one placenta, ”he explained.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Two French hospitals began testing a drug based on hemoglobin obtained from the blood of annelids. A drug will help patients suffering from respiratory complications with COVID-19.
- In Italy, announced positive result of treatment of patients with coronavirus the drug against rheumatoid arthritis "Tocilizumab" (Tocilizumab) manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Roche
- Researchers from France published a statement detailing how combination of antimalarial drugs and antibiotics can be an important weapon in the fight against coronavirus.
- In different states, the disease spreads at different rates. And for some reason, a coronavirus infection (at least at first glance) shows significantly less activity in countries, where children are necessarily vaccinated against tuberculosis using the BCG vaccine.
- According to new data based on patient observations, more than two-thirds are hard patients with COVID-19 improved after treatment with Remdesivir, an experimental drug developed by California-based Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Exist a number of drugsthat doctors around the world are trying to treat COVID-19
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1375 [name] => treatment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => lechenie)treatment
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22480 [name] => Israel [taxonomy] => category [slug] => izrail)Israel
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.