US citizens now need a visa to Belarus: how to get it
US citizens are now not allowed to enter Belarus without a visa, reports Charter 97.
Previously, US citizens could enter the country for 30 days without being stamped in their passport.
From October 17, US residents have been prohibited from entering Belarus without a visa. This is due to the decree that the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko signed back in September, but it came into force only now.
For those who are already in Belarus, nothing changes. Let us remind you that earlier US citizens could enter Belarus without a visa for a period of no more than 30 days.
The procedure for obtaining a visa to enter the Republic of Belarus
You can get a visa to the Republic of Belarus at the diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Belarus, as well as at the Department for the Reception of Foreign Citizens at the National Airport Minsk.
The following types of entry visas are provided in the Republic of Belarus:
- B - transit visa valid for up to 2 days;
- C - short-term visa valid up to 90 days;
- D - long-term visa valid for more than 90 days with the right to stay in the Republic of Belarus for up to 90 days, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
Entry visas can be single, double and multiple.
To obtain an entry visa, the following documents must be submitted to the body issuing the entry visa:
- one copy duly completed visa application forms;
- one photo (35x45 mm., taken no earlier than 6 months before the filing of the application, full face, with a face size of about 70-80 percent of the size of the photo);
- foreign travel document;
- documents for visa support;
- an entry visa for the purpose of business, private or to participate in sports, cultural, scientific, educational activities for up to 30 days for citizens of countries without a migration threat can be issued by the decision of a consular officer without documents for visa support;
- required additional documents (at the request of a consular officer);
- a medical insurance agreement concluded with Belgosstrakh or Beleximgarant, or a medical insurance agreement concluded with any foreign insurance organization;
- confirmation of the paid consular fee.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not provide assistance in the examination and delivery of visa support documents abroad.
The visa processing time is 5 working days (urgently - within 2 working days) from the date of application. The decision is made by an employee of the consulate on the basis of the documents provided and is final.
To extend the period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Belarus, a foreigner must contact the local division of the Department of Citizenship and Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
From January 1, 2017, the visa application processing fee is 60 euros (for all types of visas with any number of entries), foreigners under the age of 14 are exempt from paying the visa processing fee.
The fee for consideration of the application in an expedited manner (within 2 working days) is doubled.
To obtain a visa and cross the state border of the Republic of Belarus, you need to have an insurance policy that meets specific requirements, or take out medical insurance at border checkpoints.
Health insurance must meet the following requirements:
- contain the name of the foreign insurance company and its location, telephone numbers or international assistance services, as well as the surname, name, patronymic (if any) of a foreign citizen;
- to extend its action on the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- be valid for the period of temporary stay or temporary residence of a foreign citizen in the Republic of Belarus;
- provide the insured amount of at least 10 euros;
- the availability of health insurance can be confirmed by an insurance policy, insurance card or other document containing information about health insurance;
- medical insurance will be checked according to the established criteria when obtaining a visa, and foreign citizens who are allowed visa-free entry must present medical insurance at the checkpoints on the state border of the Republic of Belarus.
Information that must be indicated on the insurance policy or insurance card:
- surname, name, patronymic (if any) of a foreign citizen, one insurance policy may indicate the number of insured foreign citizens if they enter the Republic of Belarus together;
- the term of the insurance contract (it is necessary to indicate the beginning and end of the insurance);
- coverage area - the Republic of Belarus or the whole world.
Insurance cards without the insured amount are accepted if they are valid for travel all over the world.
Features of issuing entry visas at the National Airport Minsk
Visa applications are processed at Minsk National Airport by the Foreigners' Reception Department of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DAF).
Visas are issued 24/7.
Visa support documents (original invitation and its copy) must be submitted to DAF by the inviting organization / person at least 2 working days prior to the expected date of arrival.
Visa support documents must be submitted to the DAF information desk in sector 1/2 of the airport on the ground floor on weekdays from 10:30 am to 13:30 pm, the DAF information desk is closed on weekends and holidays.
Visa support documents can also be sent by mail (Foreigners Reception Department of the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minsk International Airport, 220054 Minsk).
An employee of the consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs puts a stamp on the copy of the visa support document. The stamp is a confirmation of receipt of visa support documents.
The stamp of the consular department on the visa support document is a mandatory requirement of air carriers when registering for a flight of foreign citizens without a valid entry visa of the Republic of Belarus.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended to send a copy of the visa support document with the seal of the Consular Section to the invited foreign citizens (by e-mail, fax, etc.) for presentation to the representative of the air carrier during the check.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
In case of death or serious illness of a relative, the visa application documents can be provided by the applicant upon arrival.
Short-term student visas and group visas can be obtained upon arrival only in the presence of a representative of the institution issuing the invitation.
DAF contact phones: +375 (17) 279 20 58, +375 (17) 279 28 72.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 7298 [name] => medical insurance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => medicinskaya-straxovka)medical insurance
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29638 [name] => visa to Belarus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => viza-v-belarus)visa to Belarus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29639 [name] => visa application forms [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ankety-na-vizu)visa application forms
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29640 [name] => visa for US citizens [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => viza-dlya-grazhdan-ssha)visa for US citizens
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29641 [name] => Visa tax [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => vizovyj-sbor)Visa fees
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29642 [name] => The procedure for obtaining a visa to enter the Republic of Belarus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => poryadok-polucheniya-vizy-dlya-vezda-v-respubliku-belarus)The procedure for obtaining a visa to enter the Republic of Belarus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29643 [name] => registration of entry visas at the National Airport Minsk [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => oformleniya-vezdnyx-viz-v-nacionalnom-aeroportu-minsk)registration of entry visas at the National Airport Minsk
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.