'Welcome Friends': Biden Recorded Video For US Citizenship Immigrants
President Joe Biden has recorded a video to be played at naturalization ceremonies welcoming new US citizens, in which he thanks them for choosing the United States and reiterates his ancestors who emigrated from Ireland. Writes about it CNN.
“I want to thank you for choosing us and for believing that America is worthy of your aspirations,” says Biden.
“You all have one thing in common: courage. The courage it takes to sacrifice oneself and take this path. The courage to leave their homes, their lives, their loved ones and come to a country that is more than just a place, but rather an idea, ”he says.
“Today you received a new title equal to that of the American President. The title I'm most proud of: Citizen. Citizen of the United States of America, he adds. - Welcome, my friends. Welcome, my fellow Americans. Welcome".
U.S. presidents have a tradition of recording messages for the hundreds of naturalization ceremonies that take place across the country every year. Many of these personal ceremonies were changed during the pandemic.
President Donald Trump, who sought to restrict legal immigration to the United States and frequently used anti-immigrant rhetoric at his rallies, also recorded videos for naturalization ceremonies early in his term.
Trump said new immigrants have a responsibility to help other immigrants "assimilate into our way of life." He added: "Our history is now yours, our traditions are now yours."
Trump also held a taped naturalization ceremony at the White House during the Republican National Assembly last year.
Biden recorded a video of a difficult moment for US immigration as waves of Central American migrants arrive at the southern border.
According to preliminary data obtained by CNN, US Customs and Border Protection faced 171 migrants in March, including a record number of unaccompanied minors, well above the previous month and continuing an upward trend since last year.
Biden administration officials are struggling to create places to provide emergency assistance to migrant children. Work in Congress to overhaul the immigration system has largely stalled.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- US citizenship gives rights and privileges. These include the right to vote, the ability to travel with a US passport and bring relatives to the United States, grant citizenship to your overseas child, and receive government benefits. Here 10 key stepsthat you need to go through to become an American citizen.
- Naturalization Is the legal process that immigrants go through to become US citizens. It was first incorporated into US law in 1790, and since then, every immigrant eligible for citizenship has gone through the appropriate procedure. How long do immigrants wait for naturalization, read in our material.
- One of the common reasons permanent residents do not apply for US citizenship is cost. Now the filing of Form N-400 "Application for Naturalization" will cost $ 725. It's a lot of money, but it's cheaper than being a permanent resident (green card holder). Details - in this article.
- On December 1, 2020, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) implemented a revised version of the citizenship test for naturalization. However, in February 2021, due to recent policy changes, some candidates who are required to take the 2020 civil law exam were given the choice of taking the 2020 test or the 2008 test. After April 19, 2021 USCIS will only ask questions about the 2008 testwhether you filed your naturalization petition before April 19 or after that date. Here complete list of questions for this test with the correct answers.
- We offer you try your hand at passing the naturalization test... It consists of two parts: testing the level of English and knowledge of American history and government. Check yourselfby passing the test online at ForumDaily!
- The dream of hundreds of thousands of immigrants in the United States is to one day take the Oath of Allegiance during a naturalization ceremony and become a US citizen. U.S. Government Web Resources recommend avoiding five most common mistakes in the process of applying for citizenship.
- As a citizen, you can vote and must also be a member of the jury when called. But if you delve into the details, you can find other differences from the green card holder. find out in this article о advantages and disadvantages of American citizenship.
- You are thinking about applying for citizenship, but you still have questions? We offer answers to seven basic questionsasked by people preparing to apply for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, also known as the Application for US Citizenship.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.