What can you buy at a discount or get free in 2020
The new year has arrived - countless sales and even free offers that must not be missed are ahead. Nerdwallet tells you how to save and plan your purchases for 2020. Here are the best products to buy every month of the year, as well as the days when you find major sales. As a bonus: days of national holidays, when you can get some things for free.
Together with a fresh page in the calendar, a new start of sales begins:
- Bed linen and accessories. This month there are “white sales” with big discounts on sheets and towels.
- Fitness equipment. Retailers know that you want to get in shape. Expect large-scale sales of sports equipment and clothing.
- TVs and electronics. Right in front of the Super Bowl, retailers usually give discounts on televisions and other home theater items.
Mark on the calendar: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 20.
Free Bonus Day: National Spaghetti Day is January 4th.
On the subject: Items worth and not worth buying in January
This is a month of love and gifts, which may be the best time to buy things for yourself, and not just for your loved one. What will be sold at a discount:
- TVs. The action continues in January and February. Besides Black Friday, this is one of the best moments to buy a new TV.
- Winter goods. Closer to the end of winter, retailers will dispose of stocks of products for cold weather. Look for sales of clothing and winter sports equipment.
- Household products. Expect retailers to have sales of home goods and clothing on Presidents Day and weekends preceding the holiday.
Mark on the calendar: Super Bowl - February 2, Presidents Day - February 17.
Free Bonus Day: National Frozen Yogurt Day is February 6th.
There are no major shopping holidays in March, but this does not mean a lack of sales. Search for offers on these products:
- Tax software. Retailers like to give discounts on goods related to paying taxes one month before the day taxes are paid in April.
- Grills. Buy everything you need for a summer grill in March to avoid a price spike when summer comes.
- Items for St. Patrick's Day. On St. Patrick's Day, online stores and department stores usually offer discounts on green-themed clothing, party supplies, and jewelry.
Mark on the calendar: St. Patrick's Day - March 17.
Free Bonus Day: Pi Day - March 14.
In April, there is also a share of spring discounts and sales, including:
- Vacuum cleaners. Buying a vacuum cleaner is not the most exciting, but it will be less painful if you take advantage of the spring sale. Look for discounts at department stores as well as manufacturers such as Dyson.
- Tax subjects. Year after year, shops and restaurants try to lighten the burden of Tax Day with discounts and free services such as paper shredding. Keep track of this around mid-April.
- Easter sweets. Days after Easter will be filled with discounts on sweets, plastic eggs, stuffed animals and more.
Mark on the calendar: Easter - April 12.
Free Bonus Day: Tax Day is April 15th.
April rains bring May flowers - and then sales bloom violently. Here are some things to consider this month:
- Spring clothes. By May, retailers will offer discounts on spring clothes that are already hanging on racks for a month or two.
- Furniture. The three biggest shopping days are Black Friday, Labor Day and Memorial Day. Memorial Day comes in May, so look for discounts on furniture and home décor at big stores.
- Small kitchen appliances. Use May discounts as an opportunity to purchase small kitchen appliances, such as coffee makers and blenders. These products are usually included in sales on Memorial Day and turned into great wedding gifts.
Mark on the calendar: Mother's Day - May 10, Memorial Day - May 25.
Free Bonus Day: National Hamburger Day is May 28.
On the subject: Tax Free: how to refund money from purchases made abroad
June may be one of the shortest months of the year, but its capabilities are enough for great shopping. Smart purchases include:
- Lingerie. Stock up on underwear in June. It was then that, as you know, Victoria's Secret holds its famous sale. Another one takes place in December.
- Gym membership. Consider buying a gym membership in the summer and be sure to agree on the best deal.
- Movie tickets. In the summer months, many movie theaters offer movie programs, which usually include cheap tickets for children's films.
Mark on the calendar: Father's Day - June 21.
Free Bonus Day: National Donut Day is June 5th.
In July, air temperature usually rises, but the prices of some goods fall. Think about buying:
- Clothing. If you do not want to wait for sales at the end of summer, buy clothes now. Most likely, you will find a better price than at the beginning of the season.
- Patriotic things. In the days leading up to Fourth of July, there is usually an abundance of sales for red, white and blue goods (as well as all three colors), as well as for sports goods, jewelry and furniture.
- Personal electronics. Black Friday is a big day that falls in November, but many retailers have added Black Friday to their July sales, including Best Buy and Amazon (which has Prime Day). Expect discounts in almost every product category.
Mark on the calendar: Fourth of July ... July 4th.
Days of free bonuses: National Ice Cream Day is July 19, National Lipstick Day is July 29.
Closing the summer by buying summer products? That's right - look for end-of-season sales:
- Back to school. The beginning of school notes the need to buy small items such as pencils and expensive items such as laptops. As a rule, the closer to the beginning of the school year you buy such things, the more likely you are to get a good price.
- Outdoor products. In late summer, big discounts on lawn mowers and other seasonal outdoor equipment.
- Swimwear. By the time August comes, there are not many days left for swimming, but that is why this is the best time to buy a swimsuit for the next year.
Mark on the calendar: the first day of school is usually in August.
Free Bonus Day: National Waffle Day is August 24th.
An amazing month for successful purchases when prices are reduced for different groups of goods, both for mattresses and for school supplies. Note:
- Mattresses. Year after year, September is the mattress sale time. Expect discounts from department stores and manufacturers, usually as part of Labor Day sales.
- iPhone Apple is known to announce its new iPhone at the company's annual software presentation in September. As a rule, the publication of new products is accompanied by a drop in prices for current phones in anticipation of the emergence of new models.
- Appliances. During the week preceding Labor Day, a series of shares is expected for large and small household appliances.
Mark on the calendar: Labor Day - September 7.
Free Bonus Day: National Coffee Day is September 29th.
Don't let prices scare you during the Halloween season. In October there will be many offers for these product categories:
- Furniture for the street. People usually spend less time outdoors when the temperature drops. Expect discounts on patio furniture and outdoor products when the summer is over.
- Jeans. Fall inventory arrives in stores in August and September, but you'll pay the top price if you don't wait a few weeks. October is a great time to buy a new pair of jeans.
- Candy. As you get closer to Halloween, your chances of buying candy at a big discount will increase.
Mark on the calendar: Columbus Day - October 12, Halloween - October 31.
Free Bonus Day: National Taco Day is October 4th.
This is a month of sales due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday: some of the popular technology products will be sold at the lowest prices:
- Electronics. Electronics such as tablets, laptops, and gaming systems are central to Black Friday sales. Also look for discounts on smartphones and activity trackers.
- Appliances. Plan your basic home appliance purchase - refrigerator, washer, dryer, dishwasher - for Black Friday discounts. Sales can often be found within a month.
- Instruments. Home goods are represented by tools, ladders and tool boxes, which will be sold at discounts during Black Friday promotions.
Mark on the calendar: Thanksgiving - November 26, Black Friday - November 27, Cyber Monday - November 30.
Free Bonus Day: National Sandwich Day is November 3rd.
End of the year - the beginning of discounts in some product categories. Check out the prices for these products in December:
- Electronics. Discounts on electronics go from November to December.
- Toys Toys are a popular Christmas present, and stores tend to make big sales of this category of goods as the holiday season draws to a close.
- Christmas decorations. From the day after Christmas, in-store sales offer big discounts - often over 50% - on decorations, wrapping paper, artificial trees, and similar seasonal fixtures.
Mark on the calendar: Christmas Day - December 25th.
Free Bonus Day: National Cookie Day is December 4th.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12532 [name] => sales [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rasprodazhi)sellout
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28282 [name] => 2020 [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => 2020-god)2020 year
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.