What to do if the IRS Get My Payment tool sends an error message: simple life hack
If the error “Payment Status Not Available” appears while using the IRS tool to track payments in connection with the coronavirus, you can try to fix it yourself. Fox Business. Social network users have already come up with a working life hack.
Americans who have difficulty verifying the status of payments under federal aid for the coronavirus and are experiencing an error may try entering their address in another way.
Entering the address in capital letters, apparently, worked in several cases when the user received an error message in the tool IRS Get My Payment.
“After weeks of receiving an error, we tried to enter the address in ALL CAPS (all caps in Caps Lock - ed.), It worked and we were finally able to enter the bank account information,” wrote Jessica Roy, reporter for the Los Angeles Times ...
Her message was commented on by several users for whom this life hack worked.
Roy has his own theory of why this advice can be effective.
“The IRS website is built on an old mainframe and obviously cannot read lowercase letters. So instead of “123 Main Street, Anywhere, USA” try “123 MAIN STREET, ANYWHERE, USA,” she wrote on Twitter. “Also, as one of my friends pointed out, there was a big upgrade of the IRS system a few days ago - the site may have just migrated your information and will work anyway. But we tried lower case again and it didn't work, and then upper case and it worked. "
The IRS did not respond to a request for comment.
If enabling Caps Lock did not work around the error message, Roy shared a list of other tips that users might try.
“The ALL CAPS feature works for many people, but not everyone. If you didn’t succeed, I collected all the tips from comments and mail about what worked for other people (in some cases the advice is contradictory, sorry, I did not design the system!) ”, - she wrote. The list of tips is published in Roy account.
In March, the House of Representatives adopted a $ 2 trillion stimulus package to overcome the financial burden caused by the coronavirus pandemic. After President Donald Trump signed the law, Americans across the country receive checks and money orders.
“For the vast majority of Americans, no action will be required to get a check, as the IRS will use the 2019 tax return if filed, or the 2018 tax return,” said the office of Senator Chuck Grassley, who chairs the Senate Finance Committee. ...
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Coronavirus Federal Payments will not be taxed.
- If the government does not have your direct bank account number, some will wait for mailed checks by September.
- According to the adopted package of financial assistance, there are categories of people who, despite the matching income level, will not receive assistance. Their list is here.
- The topic of government support is actively used by scammers. The schemes used by them and ways to protect themselves from them - link.
- April 15th IRS launches online tool, which will help you enter information about your account, track the payment and receive money as soon as possible. For details on how to use it, read here.
- After the start of payments, many reported that when checking the status of payment online, they found that the money was sent to Incorrect accounts, including dead.
- Most Americans will receive federal coronavirus government aid payments automatically, but there are several reasons why payment may be delayed.
- On April 27, it became known that the IRS improved the tool for tracking payments in connection with the coronavirus: what changed.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28508 [name] => federal assistance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => federalnaya-pomoshh)federal aid
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.