The death toll rises: New Jersey residents found dead at a resort in the Dominican Republic
State Department confirmed Fox Newsthat another American tourist died in the Dominican Republic. This is reportedly a man from New Jersey. His body was found on the floor of the hotel room.
55-year-old Joseph Allen from Avenel, New Jersey, was found dead last Thursday morning, June 13.
A State Department spokesman told Fox News: “We can confirm the death of a US citizen in the Dominican Republic in June 2019. We express our sincere condolences to the family in connection with their loss. Out of respect for the family at this difficult time, we are not able to provide additional information. ”
“They found him on the floor,” said Allen’s sister, Jamie Reed.
On the subject: Microbes in airplanes: how not to get sick during the flight
Allen complained that it was hot in the pool and left to take a shower. The report says that he went to bed and the next day his dead.
A popular holiday destination in the Caribbean has recently encountered a number of deaths of American tourists in their hotel rooms at various resorts. Families of tourists said they were generally healthy.
Dominican investigators reported that of the seven other recent deaths that had become well-known, five were caused by a heart attack. In the case of the other two - a couple from Maryland - the final report on the cause of death is not yet ready.
Officials said that almost all the victims had signs of pulmonary edema - a condition in which the lungs fill with fluid. The dead tourists were between 41 and 67 years old.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country. The cause of death has not yet been established, but the police found no signs of violence.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- Delaware Woman severely beaten and left to die at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Tammy Lawrence-Daily said she wants to share her story "in the hope that women will be more knowledgeable."
- She said that on the second night of her vacation in January at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana resort, where she arrived with her husband and two friends, she went to the next building to have a snack. She was attacked. The woman's nose and arm are broken, she has partially lost her hearing.
- 10 Jun reported that a woman from New York claimed that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where at least three American tourists died suddenly.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. Inudent happened on the night of June on 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon the adolescents began to feel bad, they were never able to establish the diagnosis.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Dear ForumDaily readers!
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can seamlessly provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
To cover all the components of life in the USA, we now support the work of three projects:
ForumDaily New York it is designed for Russian-speaking residents of the largest American metropolis and introduces them to important news and interesting places in the city, helps in finding a job or renting a house;
ForumDaily Woman it will help every woman in immigration to be beautiful and successful, will tell you how to improve family relations, and tell you how to arrange life in the USA;
ForumDaily It contains useful information for all those who have already moved to the United States or are just planning a relocation, tips on how to economically, but interestingly spend a vacation in America, how to fill out a declaration, find a job and organize life in the USA.
We will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to donate to the project.
Read and subscribe! We are pleased to assist you during the period of immigration, which can be quite difficult.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.