The death toll rises: New Jersey residents found dead at a resort in the Dominican Republic
State Department confirmed Fox Newsthat another American tourist died in the Dominican Republic. This is reportedly a man from New Jersey. His body was found on the floor of the hotel room.
55-year-old Joseph Allen from Avenel, New Jersey, was found dead last Thursday morning, June 13.
A State Department spokesman told Fox News: “We can confirm the death of a US citizen in the Dominican Republic in June 2019. We express our sincere condolences to the family in connection with their loss. Out of respect for the family at this difficult time, we are not able to provide additional information. ”
“They found him on the floor,” said Allen’s sister, Jamie Reed.
On the subject: Microbes in airplanes: how not to get sick during the flight
Allen complained that it was hot in the pool and left to take a shower. The report says that he went to bed and the next day his dead.
A popular holiday destination in the Caribbean has recently encountered a number of deaths of American tourists in their hotel rooms at various resorts. Families of tourists said they were generally healthy.
Dominican investigators reported that of the seven other recent deaths that had become well-known, five were caused by a heart attack. In the case of the other two - a couple from Maryland - the final report on the cause of death is not yet ready.
Officials said that almost all the victims had signs of pulmonary edema - a condition in which the lungs fill with fluid. The dead tourists were between 41 and 67 years old.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country. The cause of death has not yet been established, but the police found no signs of violence.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- Delaware Woman severely beaten and left to die at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Tammy Lawrence-Daily said she wants to share her story "in the hope that women will be more knowledgeable."
- She said that on the second night of her vacation in January at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana resort, where she arrived with her husband and two friends, she went to the next building to have a snack. She was attacked. The woman's nose and arm are broken, she has partially lost her hearing.
- 10 Jun reported that a woman from New York claimed that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where at least three American tourists died suddenly.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. Inudent happened on the night of June on 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon the adolescents began to feel bad, they were never able to establish the diagnosis.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 210 [name] => tourists [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => turisty)tourists
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27611 [name] => Dominican Republic [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => dominikana)Dominican
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.