The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Part of COVID-19 survivors is newly infected with coronavirus: what is known

According to a recent study in China, some (about 10%) of patients who have previously recovered from coronavirus infection again have positive test results after being discharged from the hospital, writes Fox News.

Photo: Shutterstock

First-aid doctors during the outbreak in Wuhan, China, where the virus appeared, reported that 3 to 10 percent of the treated patients had been infected with the coronavirus repeatedly, although it is not yet clear whether they were contagious to other people.

The Tongji hospital, in which the first case of COVID-19 was diagnosed, confirmed that 5 out of 145 patients (a little over 3%) were again found to have been infected after testing for nucleic acids.

“There is currently no reason to claim that they are contagious,” said Wang Wei, president of the hospital.

According to him, 5 patients with positive results of repeated tests had no symptoms, and not one of their close contacts was infected.

On the subject: The coronavirus vaccine will be ready in the fall: who will receive it

Wang added that monitoring the patients showed that 80-90% did not show traces of the virus in the body a month after being discharged from the hospital, but the remaining 10% may be at risk of reinfection.

But, according to him, this is just a “small group”, and “the results of her research are not enough to be sure of the reliability of the results” and their applicability to all patients.

“We need a large-scale epidemiological study to guide our work on disease surveillance and prevention,” Wang said.

Meanwhile, in other quarantine institutions in Wuhan, about 5-10% of recovered patients also re-received a positive coronavirus test several weeks after being discharged from the hospital. This was reported in the Chinese news publication Health Times, associated with the state newspaper People's Daily.

On the subject: FDA Authorizes Use of Convalescent Blood to Treat COVID-19 Patients

The studies are conducted as part of the validation of the concept of taking plasma from a recovered person, processing it and administering antibodies to patients with COVID-19 to stimulate their immune system. This treatment method was approved in the USA.

infection World coronavirus Special Projects

Read also on ForumDaily:

COVID-19 treatment: what are artificial lung ventilation apparatuses needed for and how do they work

$ 20 trillion lawsuit: US attorney sues China over coronavirus

Pandemic benefit for Americans: is it worth the rush to file a 2019 declaration

COVID-19 mortality statistics in countries of the world: what it depends on and why it varies significantly

Let's face the crisis together and support each other

No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.

ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.

But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.

To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.

Let's face the crisis together!

Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.

Always yours, ForumDaily!

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.



1045 requests in 2,190 seconds.