More than 99% of people who died from coronavirus in Italy had other diseases
According to a study by the Italian Ministry of Health, more than 99% of people who died from coronavirus in this country suffered from other serious diseases. Writes about it Bloomberg.
After the number of deaths from this virus in the country exceeded 2500, and in mid-March their number increased by 150%, health authorities analyze the data to identify trends that will help fight the spread of the disease.
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte plans to extend the nationwide quarantine. Italy has over 35 confirmed cases.
A new study may give an idea of why mortality in Italy, which is about 8% of the total number of infected, is higher than in other countries.
The Rome Institute studied medical records of 18% of coronavirus deaths in the country and found that only three victims, or 0,8% of the total, had no pathologies before the disease. Almost half of the dead suffered from at least three diseases, and about a quarter had one or two diseases.
Over 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes, and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of virus deaths in Italy is 79,5 years. As of March 17, 17 people under the age of 50 died from this disease. In Italy, all victims under the age of 40 were men with serious illnesses.
Data released on Tuesday, March 17, indicate a slowdown in the number of cases by 12,6%. A separate study shows that Italy can underestimate the real number of cases by checking only patients with symptoms.
According to the GIMBE fund, about 100 Italians actually got the virus. This means that the mortality rate in the country will approach the global average of about 000%, if we take into account asymptomatic cases.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entry from the EU. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13, Trump introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US due to coronavirus.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1326 [name] => statistics [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => statistika)statistics
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 2246 [name] => Italy [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => italiya)Italy
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.