Alexei Navalny nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny, who is now undergoing treatment at the Berlin Charite clinic after being poisoned by Novichok, was nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize by professors from several universities involved in Russian research. Writes about it DW.
This was announced on Facebook by a Russian scientist, professor at Rutgers University in New Jersey, Sergei Erofeev.
“I am reporting this with the consent of those who did it. Not everyone is ready to disclose their names, but, presumably, since it turned out to be an almost massive process, sooner or later some names will emerge, ”said Erofeev.
He also stressed that the process of nominating Navalny was started by scientists, not politicians. However, according to Erofeev, "this does not mean that statesmen or representatives of international organizations will not appear who will follow them."
According to the rules of the Nobel Foundation, university rectors, professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology, as well as directors of research institutes for peace and foreign policy have the right to nominate a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize.
They cannot confirm the information on the nomination of Alexei Navalny in the Nobel Committee, since it is prohibited by the charter: the names and other data of the nominees, according to the rules, can only be disclosed after 50 years.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On the morning of August 20, during a flight from Tomsk to Moscow, the founder of the Anti-Corruption Foundation (FBK) Alexei Navalny became ill on the plane. The flight made an emergency landing in Omsk, where Navalny was hospitalized in the emergency hospital No. 1, in the toxic intensive care unit. There the politician fell into a coma.
- Ex-FSB officer and opposition politician Gennady Gudkov toldwhy Navalny's associates and other politicians call the version of the involvement of the special services a priority, as well as how and with what the oppositionist could have been poisoned.
- August 21, the wife of Alexei Navalny Julia signed permission to transport her husband for treatment in Germany. On the morning of August 22, Navalny taken by plane to Berlin... He was still in a coma.
- The clinic where Navalny was taken confirmed the assumptions about his poisoning... Clinical studies have indicated a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors.
- Transportation of an opposition politician to Germany on a special medical plane paid for by Russian businessman Boris Ziminwho now lives in the United States.
- In the United States Department of Commerce сообщилиthat Washington has good reason to believe that the research institutes (SRIs) of the Russian Defense Ministry are involved in the development of chemical and biological weapons.
- September 4th German laboratory found traces of Novichok in Navalny's skin, blood and urine samples.
- On September 7, the Charite clinic, where Alexei Navalny is located, released a new message: his brought out of an artificial coma and gradually disconnected from the ventilator.
- On September 10, it became known that Navalny completely recovered, memory and speech returned to him.
- September 15 Navalny published a photo for the first time after the poisoning on Instagram.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6476 [name] => Nobel Peace Prize [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nobelevskaya-premiya-mira)Nobel Peace Prize
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12836 [name] => Alexey Navalny [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => aleksej-navalnyj)Alexey Navalny
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13337 [name] => Our people [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nashi-ludi)Our people
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.