26 free online services for learning English
Do you think it's time to improve your English, but don't have enough time? And good courses will cost a pretty penny. This collection of online services from MC Today will help you master the English language.
1. LingvoHabit - an online platform for any level of English. Here you can take step-by-step courses or marathons, as well as use a variety of simulators to practice the language. The site's base of materials is constantly updated: mini-lessons, listening training, grammar guides and tests, vocabulary games, cheat sheets and checklists for constant development and tracking progress.
What can you do on LingvoHabit platform:
- advance in learning the language along the ready route;
- track the regularity and statistics of classes;
- collect a collection of relevant teaching materials;
- keep a personal dictionary with progress and memorize vocabulary on simulators;
- improve language skills through tests, exercises and training.
When registering on the platform, you will be offered to take a test to assess your level of knowledge and recommend a suitable training.
2. Duolingo offers to learn fun and interesting. You earn points for the correct answers, solve problems for a while and increase your level. Prizes and bonuses are awarded for each lesson. You can also invite friends and compete with them. Suitable for those who want to start from scratch. There is a mobile application for iOS and Android.
3. Puzzle English. Choose your level, the goal of learning a language, register - and immediately start learning. The technique is based on watching videos and TV series with subtitles, which allows you to expand your vocabulary and train your listening comprehension.
4. Busuu insists that you can learn a foreign language by doing just 10 minutes a day. Flash cards are available in free mode, thanks to which it is easy to remember new words and move to a new level. There is a mobile application for iOS and Android.
5. FluentU. There are clips, films, serials in the original - everything that helps to get as close as possible to the language environment. You can also use the mobile application for iOS and Android.
6. Real english - A site with video lessons, interactive exercises that allow you to memorize words, phrases and their pronunciation not by banal memorization of the rules, but in the format of live speech. A mobile version is available for iOS and Android.
7. Memrise - More than 200 rich courses, intelligent learning technology, 20 000 videos with native speakers and chat bots. This is enough to make online learning English a pleasure. There is a mobile application for iOS and Android.
On the subject: 10 underrated sites to help you learn English
8. Bbc languages. Short videos, life hacks, lessons on vocabulary, grammar, transcription, pronunciation and everything that will be useful for both beginners and users with an upper intermediate level.
9. LinguaLeo. Your virtual lion cub motivates to daily activities, which needs to be fed with meatballs - achievements in language learning, whether it is replenishing vocabulary, watching videos on various topics or practicing pronunciation. There is a mobile application for iOS and Android.
10. Online Situational English articles are collected that offer ready-made expressions, idioms, and robust speech constructs so you can use them in everyday life, at work, or on travel. All materials are written in a simple and accessible language.
11. LearnEnglish available in english. Here you can find lessons, games, books, dictionaries, courses, songs, radio, chats. In order to learn the language, then in all its manifestations at once.
12. Learn American English online. The materials on the site are labeled using all the colors of the rainbow, corresponding to different levels. And teacher Paul teaches free online English lessons in video format.
13. Learnathome focuses on 5 effective tools: warm-up, writing, grammar, conversation, listening. You get a personalized job plan for 30 minutes per day for any level from Elementary to Advanced.
14. Orroro.tv - A service for learning English while watching a video. This can be films, popular TV shows, TED performances with Russian subtitles or with several at the same time.
15. Learning a language with short films is quite an exciting experience. The site works on this principle. Film-english.
16. Training your vocabulary on FreeRice, you earn your bread. Not literally, of course, but virtually so precisely.
Free online English courses
- On the EDX you can easily and absolutely free to study grammar (English Grammar and Style), write an essay (How to Write an Essay), comprehend spoken English (Conversational English Skills), prepare for IELTS tests (IELTS Academic Test Preparation) and TOEFL (TOEFL Test Preparation: The Insider's Guide).
- Ukrainian site Prometheus offers to take an online course "Business English". It helps to learn key business vocabulary and some elements of grammar, and also includes practice for working out situations common in the business environment.
- On the Coursera in the categoryLearning English»You will find dozens of courses for improving spoken and written English: for preparing for tests, for business, for journalists, for beginners and those who want to write scientific texts in English. The authors of the courses are teachers of foreign universities.
- On the platform Futurelearn the course is popular Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests. It is intended for those who want to prepare for the IELTS exam - a test that is necessary for work and study abroad. Other courses from British Council.
Telegram channels for learning English
There is always time for instant messengers. So why not spend it profitably? Subscribe to useful channels - and get a portion of new information every time you look at your phone.
1. Slang Bang! daily publishes English expressions that cannot be found in textbooks. If academic English is too boring for you, I want to expand my knowledge of colloquial, to learn unbroken words and expressions, then subscribing to this channel is the best solution. 73 000 subscribers will not be allowed to lie.
2. English from scratch - A find for those who can’t get themselves to understand the English language in any way and at the same time want to improve the existing level. Here you will find inspiration and motivation to learn the language, as well as useful information on grammar, analysis of sentences, new words and expressions, tips for independent language learning.
3. English in polls. The name of the channel speaks for itself: you take part in polls and discreetly learn new English words day after day. Exciting, useful and no cramming.
4. English of the day created so that you learn more spoken English phrases, idioms and slang. They enliven speech and bring it closer to that which can be heard from the lips of a native speaker.
5. English. When you first hit the channel, you feel like a linguistic flea market: pictures, tables, phrases, individual words with translation, audio lessons, useful articles - complete chaos. But over time, you will understand the value of the material and do not want to miss new publications.
6. Neperevodimoe. The author of the channel in an easy manner shares stories from his life, adding to the text one English idiom that corresponds to the topic. Most of the phrases are not literally translated into Russian, which explains the name of the channel.
7. English for Life - A good modern English tutorial. There will be no artsy language constructs that you will never need. All phrases are applicable.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5954 [name] => English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => anglijskij-yazyk)English
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22113 [name] => learn English [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => uchim-anglijskij)learn english
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28488 [name] => LEARN ENGLISH [taxonomy] => special [slug] => anglijskij-yazyk)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.