20 secrets that airport workers do not tell passengers
From the moment you enter the airport building and before boarding for several hours, travelers and luggage are under vigilant control. All preflight procedures now constitute a compromise between safety and passenger data processing speed. Writes about this AdMe.ru.
- The thermal imager allows you to identify a person with an elevated temperature directly in a moving stream.
- Using a thermal scanner are being watched body temperature to prevent sick passengers on board. Particularly carefully monitored during outbreaks of influenza. The device determines the temperature of the human body at a distance of 10 m with an accuracy of 0,1 °.
- At some airports work profilers are specialists who pay attention to gestures, facial expressions and behavior patterns of passengers and, on the basis of this, identify potentially dangerous ones.
- Scanners designed to screen citizens absolutely are safe. The hospital X-ray machine produces about 600 microsieverts, and modern scanners for inspection do not exceed the threshold of 0,5 microsieverts.
- Personnel video surveillance from the hall is processed by a computer program capable of assessing the psycho-emotional state and converting the slightest movements of a person into color indicators: a lot of green - the passenger is safe, more than red - an occasion to stop him for checking.
- Plastic trays in the inspection area - the most dirty items at the airport. Scientists have identified in samples taken from them, 10 different respiratory viruses, including influenza A virus and more than 100 pathogenic microorganisms.
- For security services, one of the most suspicious items of clothing and the reason for additional verification may be loose cargo pants with patch pockets and long skirts or dresses.
On the subject: Calm and clean: why the seats on the plane are blue
- Security service is also accurate straining mention of weapons, even as a joke, a suspiciously large amount of cash, and also if you will be hysterical about the upcoming flight, sweating, nervous.
- A passenger who has a fancy hairstyle or carefully braided hair, most likely will be invited to an additional search, because the combed design on the head can hide the weapon.
- It is better to answer the questions: “Where are you flying?”, “What are you taking?” And “The purpose of the visit?” - as informative and calm as possible.
- If an employee, looking at your passport and ticket, asks: “Where are you going to fly?” - he does not scoff. This is part of profiling - method behavioral checks to identify suspicious people. If you react too harshly or respond insecurely, this will be an occasion for additional control. If you didn’t do anything illegal, but just got nervous because of all the suspicions and checks, admit in this employee. After that, he is more likely to find you less suspicious and may even calm you down.
- In order not to attract the attention of security services, it is better get along without hair bobby pins. If there are too many of them, the metal detector will react, as well as large metal bracelets and necklaces.
- Suspicious persons send for a special inspection with a scanner that shines through right through to the internal organs. Previously, scanners also provided an anatomically detailed picture, but now there is no need to worry: modern devices only show foreign objects to the controller and hide body reliefs that are not interesting to him.
- If you try to carry something forbidden, you cannot pick up subject back. Seized items are managed by the aviation security service. Part is disposed of, sometimes sold at auction.
- To avoid mistakes, security personnel usually change their positions every 30 minutes. They will not be engaged in scanning, checking tickets for a long time, since too long the execution of the same monotonous operation can lead to the fact that something will be missed in the security system. This switch allows agents to be in good shape.
- Security officials not only use official code words, but also invent their. For example, they secretly notify each other about attractive passengers by saying “hotel dad” or a specific number, or warn each other about annoying citizens using innocent-sounding terms.
- An airport security agent is right in front of the checkpoint can mark your boarding pass with a special sign to inform other employees that you must pass an additional check.
- Orange indicates fabric and water, green indicates metallic elements, blue indicates electronic devices.
- Baggage and carry-on baggage are checking with the help of an X-ray machine, which, incidentally, can not cope with objects wrapped in foil. It blocks X-rays, and therefore it seems only a dark spot on the screen of the controller. You will be asked to open the bag and show the packaged item.
- The animals working at the airport are kind dog special forces, because there are the most difficult conditions of service: a large crowd of people, constant noise and an abundance of smells. Such dogs are looking not only for prohibited substances, but also large bundles of banknotes and animal products that could be smuggled.
- Dog which will suspect something was amiss, it won’t bark loudly, scaring others. She uses a subtle body language, for example, she can wag her tail to report a threat. Thus, when a suspicious odor is detected, dog handlers have time to give a signal without causing suspicion of a potentially dangerous traveler.
- At the end of the flight being inspected, the dog needs encouragement. For this lay special training baggage in which the odor simulator of the prohibited substance is located. When the dog finds him, he gets his favorite toy. This is necessary so that the animal does not lose interest in work. For airport security, it is very important that the dog is constantly in good shape. To do this, a person with a smell simulator periodically walks around the building. If the dog smelled something suspicious, she feeds sign to the dog handler.
- Specially for work in the airport building, whole breeds are brought out. For example, the breeder of Aeroflot was bred Sulimov’s dog, or “hut” among the people, is a mixture of a reindeer herding dog and a jackal. Both of them have a flair for better than ordinary dogs, and besides, jackals can tolerate heat well, and Lapland dogs can tolerate cold.
- While you relax in the waiting room, luggage is carried at high speed on a rollercoaster - a huge conveyor, where automatic sorting takes place. At large airports, the length of such an “attraction” reaches 3 km.
- During scan Baggage is strained by security packages of coffee: it is a classic way to mask the smell of illegal substances. If you plan to fly with objects of an unusual shape, such as a stapler or long candlesticks, they will certainly seem suspicious during the scan.
- Each time, a sticker with a unique barcode is attached to the luggage. If you decide to leave such a memory of the previous flight, there is a chance that the baggage will be lost. At the same time, the system is able to distribute baggage to fifty airplanes and, having scanned the nearest tag, can easily send the suitcase to the wrong place. By the way, luggage became less frequent. By According to SITA, an international IT provider for the luggage transportation industry, the total number of lost suitcases decreased from 46,9 million in 2007 to 24,8 million in 2018. And this is at a time when the number of aircraft passengers has almost doubled.
- If your suitcase seemed suspicious and was opened, a special sticker should be hung on it to indicate that your luggage has undergone additional inspection.
- Before you get on the plane, your baggage will be scanned by an introscope. A suspicious bags are subjected to 4 additional checks, including using a computer tomograph and diffraction system.
- Often, despite the availability of modern devices, people carry on hand luggage. This is due to the fact that many substances are difficult to distinguish from each other during scanning.
- For example, the musical greeting cards on scanners are like bombs, and honey or a big circle cheese can look like liquid explosives.
- Freight handling at the airport raise and throw up to 125 thousand bags a year. In their opinion, the most likely reason for the loss of baggage is late arrival at the airport. The security service will check you in half an hour, but there may not be enough time to control your suitcases, and they won’t get on the plane.
On the subject: Retired liner: what happens to the plane after the last flight
- If you certainly want to carry heavy luggage or you simply don’t have a choice, leave a tag with the weight of the luggage for the loaders: it’s easy for you, they’re pleased.
- Most movers at the airport annoying crowded suitcases stuffed with stuff. Often during transportation, lightning diverges and things fall out, loaders tamp them back. Worse than this is just the fluid in the small side pockets. They emerge, crushed, pouring over the adjacent luggage.
- Luggage with comfortable handles more chances to stay safe and sound. Ideally, the handles should be above and below. Movers take these bags first and carefully transfer them to the luggage compartment. Another way to keep your luggage safe is to not make it too heavy. Better to take 2 smaller suitcases than 1 heavy. Most bags that damage during loading weigh more than 20 kg.
- There are several jobs at the control tower: ground control on the field and landing and take-off control, tracking the gaps between the ground and approaches. Each has its own zone. In order for objects not to crash into each other, everyone must communicate with each other. For the actions of dispatchers are being watched shift supervisor, which controls the workload and adequacy of teams, and flight manager.
- Despite the availability of special equipment, all dispatchers are trained and meteorology. If the machine crashes, they figure out the direction and speed of the wind using a wind indicator. And in order to determine the level of visibility, dispatchers look at specific landmarks: neighboring buildings, water towers, cell towers.
- If the radio breaks down in the control room, an employee from the tower directs a green beam to the cockpit, making it clear that the plane can land. If there is interference on the runway, the signal is changed to flashing red, and the pilot understands that the landing is unsafe.
- Dozens of dispatchers lead one board. It seems that there is a lot of space in the sky, but this is not so: it is like honeycombs divided into sections, and each of them has its own routes and intersections. In airspace, a huge number of tracks, depending on their length and the number of intersections of the whole sky divided into sectors of different lengths. For example, if a plane flies from Vnukovo to Kaluga, 7 people will fly it.
- Dispatcher should train your voice. In ordinary life, he can speak quietly and slurred, but at work his voice changes in the same way as the speaker in front of the camera. This is necessary so that the information that dispatchers broadcast over the radio is clear and understandable.
- The right to choose a language of communication assigned to the dispatcher, but if the crew of a Russian airline speaks English, then the dispatcher will answer him in the same language. There are norms according to which everyone uses standard phrases, but dispatchers admit that there are times when it is necessary to deviate from the rules and use everyday expressions.
- One of the most dangerous situations is called “pancake”: when one plane starts to take off, and the other decides to leave for the 2nd round. In such a situation, the main thing for the dispatcher is to quickly respond and turn the side that goes to the 2nd circle aside, since its speed is greater.
- Every 2 hours a dispatcher must relax. An average of 20 minutes. For relaxation there is a special room with sofas and a TV. You can go have a drink of coffee, lie down, talk on the phone, take a walk, read. There is also a gym in the building, but it is not recommended to use it during work.
Airport of the Future
- Robotsguides After scanning a boarding pass, Incheon Airport escorts a lost or late traveler to the boarding gate.
- Recently presented a platform that can detect explosives hidden in the shoes of people standing in line for security checks. Scanner The shoe uses a grid of sensitive electrodes to analyze the shoe and its contents.
- Work is underway to combine artificial intelligence with a more sensitive version of millimeter wave scanners that are already in use at airports. This will allow passengers to pass through scanners with full pockets, and the security service at the same time identify hidden threats.
- Passengers will be freed from having to remove electronics and liquids from bags during security checks. Artificial intelligence will be able to analyze what a typical laptop looks like and recognize if it has been modified to contain materials that the system has never seen in any other laptop before.
- Designed by environmentally friendly version of a traditional food tray. The base is made from coffee beans, the salad bowl is from a pressed banana leaf, and the spoon and fork are made from coconut tree, a cheap and easily accessible material.
- Invented by system called MagRay, based on scanning technology developed for medical applications. This is a combination of X-rays and nuclear magnetic resonance, which is used in MRI scans. The two methods combined to quickly distinguish between ordinary liquids and hazardous ones.
- Robots will be able to take passengers' luggage right at the entrance. Such a robot designed SITA, tests, for example, the airport in Geneva. The device allows the passenger to independently scan their boarding passes, put the bags in the cargo compartment of the robot and attach tags printed by the robot on them. Robotic terminal opened in airport Singapore. Automated check-in desks and luggage belts, passport control with face recognition technologies are available to passengers.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 518 [name] => plane [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => samolet)aircraft
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3771 [name] => airport [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => aeroport)airport
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.